viernes, 6 de noviembre de 2015

MY COLLEAGUES IN THE CTMA




Observing the activities of my colleagues was interesting because most of them are technical instructors. While I watched as they were in class, I learned or remembered concepts and practices of my days as an engineer. It was also interesting to see the apprentices and their behavior during class that I observed. They interacted differently   according to the activities and somehow realize that as they were making their learning process according to the teaching style of my colleagues.


LUZ MARINA PALACIO
She is our trainer of trainers and I have the fortune to be one of his students in the courses of pedagogy (Project formulation and evaluation of training), we also share ideas and experiences in the seedbed of trainers.

Luz Marina handles the competences related to the teaching work and guide the learning processes.

His classes are always many educational, fun and a clear and focused to achieve a significant learning emotional component.

His class sessions always begin with an icebreaker activity and to contextualize them all in the theme of the session.

Then use strategies to identify our previous knowledge and organizing working groups. With these elements initiates a process the most simple to the most complex.

After the session makes reflections on what was discussed at the session.

In my concept and thanks to the work I've done with she, I can say that every activity is designed with a clear intention and to motivate the learner-tutor and show how they should implement strategies and teaching techniques in our sessions.


JAVIER CHACÓN
Javier is a metallurgical engineer with a specialization in teaching research university. He teaches  materials and laboratory tests material resistance.

He was on hand to give me a training induction process in a company and gave me everything and more. It is one of my role models "I want to be like him when I grow up".

He is very organized and methodical, planned classes exceptionally and time of its meetings is very practical, thanks to their work experience. All students who have class with him, describe him as a demanding teacher but who is an expert and very well explained.

His class sessions are as organized as their planning, since the beginning of the course, the students know their plan training sessions and all are well aware that each class is to be performed. Use examples of the company to support the concepts seen in class.

Another observation was about their workshops and laboratories. They are very focused on the learner learns with the inquiry, noting situations, asking questions.

Javier always guiding those laboratories, not answered questions ranging doing it, he again asked for learners to find answers for them.


OSMAN MARIN
 I was one of those responsible for his interview a year ago to be an instructor at our center. I remember her practical test which consisted of a 20 minute session. I remember him explaining about maintaining a pump to a group that was about to finish his training. At the end he was left with the job and he is an instructor who gradually wins the appreciation of apprentices.

I've also been helping to improve their teaching practice and learn the details of SENA training, since he used to work in the industry and he had never been a teacher.

The teaching practice of Osman I can emphasize how concerns apprentices, makes the students trust and appreciate. You get emotionally involved with the realities of them.

But not only that what has been implemented in their classrooms. It produces very good workshops, this life-long learning and update, solve the doubts of his apprentices and gives all its professional knowledge in their classes.

When you laboratory practices, he guides his students to not only solve their doubts, but take confidence when performing assembly and to analyze and think before you act mechanically.


GUILLERMO GAVIRIA
One of the most experienced instructors at the center. He has a lifetime teaching and adapting to the changes that have taken SENA. He works in pneumatics and hydraulics.

Of their teaching practices I emphasize preparation practices and laboratories, although he is still very traditional, gradually incorporating other resources in their training.

In their teaching practice he is very methodical and rigorous with registration sessions. Have all documents (guides, assessments, workshops, assists) but has physical, even stored for a long time those documents.



CONCLUSION

Of all my colleagues I have much to learn not only the technical side, I need now is a little more confidence with them to allow me into their classes and see other techniques. Another conclusion is that there are many ways to teach and everyone is looking which are appropriate to their teaching style.
The road has just begun ...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario